Sunsail launches Sail By The Cabin in Mediterranean
Sunsail, the global yacht charter company, is launching a new Sail By The Cabin experience that’s perfect for solo adventurers, couples or friends who want to experience the freedom of the ocean and all the fun of a flotilla.
Sailing in a group of up to ten other yachts (a flotilla), with a private cabin for up to two people, and an experienced skipper included, the new Sail By The Cabin holiday is a great way to enjoy a sailing adventure in the Mediterranean without having to book a whole yacht.
Sail By The Cabin charters will be available on three flotilla routes, in three destinations and a choice of three dates to start with.
Lucy Black, Head of Marketing at Sunsail comments, “A sailing holiday offers so much more than the traditional beach holiday, yet so many are put off by the cost of booking a whole yacht or thinking they already need to know how to sail to experience one. Sailing as part of a flotilla with a professional skipper on board, and following a wonderfully crafted itinerary of must-visits for the destination, gives you the freedom to explore at your own pace and leisure. There’s nothing better than snorkelling off the back of the yacht in crystal clear waters or arriving at pretty coastal villages by the sea. We know there are adventurers out there – couples, solo travellers and groups of friends – who’d love to try this type of holiday, and now they can. Sail By The Cabin is available in Greece and Croatia this September and October, giving customers all the benefits of a skippered sailing holiday with the fun and sociable nature of a flotilla.”
Sail By The Cabin holidays are available to book now. There are three seven-day holidays to choose from:
- 1 September 2018, Krka Flotilla in Croatia aboard a Sunsail 53 at £1825 per double cabin
- 16 September, Korčula Flotilla in Croatia aboard a Sunsail 454 at £2400 per double cabin
- 14 October, Lefkas Flotilla in Greece aboard a Sunsail 53 at £1225 per double cabin
Each yacht has a maximum of eight people onboard plus an experienced skipper.
The holiday includes:
- Seven days (six nights aboard), air conditioned, private double cabin (sleeps up to two) with toilet and shower
- All sailing, navigation and safety equipment on board and expert and friendly skipper
- A fully equipped galley/kitchen, all clean linen including bath and tea towels,
- Breakfast (1x flotilla breakfast, six continental breakfast on board) and drinking water
- Social evenings, beach barbecues, punch parties and optional end of week regatta
- Snorkelling gear, kayak and stand up paddleboard (subject to availability)
- Inflatable dinghy with outboard motor
- Fees, taxes, fuel and yacht insurance.
- A cash box to cover mooring costs (depending on destination approx. £25 – £85)
- Lunch and dinners – the kitchen on yacht can be used
- Optional tip for the skipper – approximately £20 per person
For further information about Sail By The Cabin and to book visit https://www.sunsail.co.uk/sailing-holidays/flotilla-sailing/cabin-charter
For further information about Sunsail visit www.sunsail.co.uk