Open Weekend – Fun & Informative for all boating enthusiasts
Book tickets to the Cruising Association’s shoreside event of the year!
- Open to CA members and non-members – invite your friends
- FREE day time ticketed entry – just book in advance
- Exclusive discounts from leading marine exhibitors
- Join the CA & receive a 10% discount on first year membership fees when paying by DD
- FREE bookable seats for specialist speakers
- Presentations on a broad range of cruising-related subjects
- Evening speaker Tom Cunliffe + Hot Buffet – book/pay in advance
In the absence of the London Boat Show in January, the CA has taken the initiative to open its doors to CA members and non-members as well as to a number of high-profile marine companies to exhibit their products and services at CA House.
The CA’s ‘Open Weekend’, focuses on all things boaty and is being hosted at CA House in London’s Limehouse Basin, on Saturday February 29 and Sunday March 1. Everyone is welcome to come along for an informative and fun day out for all boating enthusiasts.
The weekend gives visitors an exclusive opportunity to have one-to-one conversations with representatives from:
- ASAP Supplies
- Dolphin Sails
- Limehouse Basin Marina
- Ocean Safety
…and of course the Cruising Association whose staff and speakers will be on hand to chat and answer any questions. There will also be plenty of opportunity to socialise in a heated patio marquee where food and drinks will be available to purchase throughout the day.
Introduce your boating friends to the CA!
Visitors can get exclusive discounts on a range of products and the CA is also giving 10% off the first year’s membership if you join on the day and pay by DD, so spread the word and do invite your boating friends along.
We have also put together a packed schedule of specialist speakers on a fascinating range of cruising-related topics on both days and are delighted to confirm Tom Cunliffe as our Saturday evening guest speaker.
Visit https://www.theca.org.uk/events/ca_open_weekend_290219 to review the full speaker and topics schedule in order to plan your day and then get your booking sorted.
This event is free to attend between 10am and 6pm on both days, but booking is still essential to be guaranteed entry to CA House and to the various Open Weekend activities on either or both days. Everyone is invited and you can have a look round CA House, enjoy some interesting talks and get up close and personal with the CA and with some of the leading brands in the business.
How to book for the Open Weekend
To reserve your place, book through thecaevents.eventbrite.co.uk and look for the relevant date. CA members can log on to the CA website, go to News & Events > Events and click BOOK EVENTS ONLINE.
Option 1 – Free admission to CA House & the marine exhibitors
* Pick one, or two consecutive, two-hour slots on Saturday or Sunday, between 10am and 6pm
* Then select one or more optional 30-minute talks during your two-hour slot(s) from the schedule https://www.theca.org.uk/events/ca_open_weekend_290219
* You may book for yourself and a second person who can choose different slots and/or speakers
Option 2 – £22.50 for Tom Cunliffe’s talk “In the wake of heroes” and a buffet supper; arrive by 7pm. Can be booked on its own or alongside Option 1 tickets.
The CA is Britain’s leading organisation for cruising sailors and motor boaters with 6,400+ members worldwide. It provides global support, regulatory and technical advice and is an invaluable resource of cruising information.