Helly Hansen Odin Flow Jacket review
The Helly Hansen Odin Flow Jacket is part of their top end ‘Odin’ series aimed at professionals and serious users. The latest fabric technology and design features can be found in this range and the Odin Flow is no different. It’s a mulitsport softshell jacket that aims to provide flexible insulation and ventilation along with wind and splash protection.
Starting at the top, the Odin Flow has a stiffened collar that hugs the back of the neck and keeps the chill out, but can be folded down to improve airflow.
As well as the main zip, there’s two very discreet ventilation zips to either side that open the jacket shell and allow air transfer.
The lining is the latest form of Helly Hansen’s proven ‘H2Flow’ system that consists of a thin perforated fleece lining under a mesh covering. This provides strategic insulation but allows fast ventilation when required. In practice, it’s very controllable and can be easily fine tuned.
There’s two zipped hand pockets which are big enough for, well, your hands, along with the usual sets of keys, snacks, etc. They are however, unlined on the outer face.
The arms of the jacket are mostly uninsulated on the top sides but, cleverly, have a microfleece lining on the underside and a slightly thicker fleece lining by the wrists. This proves very good at keeping your arms and hands warm without adding bulk or weight.
There’s narrow, elasticated hems used throughout, with a drawcord at the waist.
Currently available in black only and with subtle matt black branding, this jacket has a sleek, sophisticated look that sets it apart form other softshells.
This versatile technical jacket is ideal for stop-and-go activities and as an added layer in harsher conditions.
The Helly Hansen Patented H²Flow™ insulation system offers the ultimate adjustability of insulation and ventilation in a unique construction. The Odin Flow Jacket pairs H²Flow™ with added protection from the Polartec® Power shield®, offering protection and stretch where needed the most. Versatile technical jacket ideal for stop and go activities that also works for layering up in harsher conditions.
- Body mapped Tech Design for optimally placed insulation, protection and ventilation.
- Polartec® Power Shield® softshell panels
- Polartec® 200g brushed fleece in main body with air pocket perforations
- PFC free DWR on polyester shell outer fabric locks heat inside the air pockets
- H² Flow™ mechanical ventilation system for adjustable insulation level
- Zippers in front for mechanical ventilation air flow
- Ergonomically designed heat and ventilation zones
- Open mesh inside allows air to flow between air pockets and body
- Mesh protecting the construction during intense activities
- YKK® zipped hand pockets
- Tricot lined sleeves for improved movability
- Brushed tricot inside collar
- Bottom hem adjustment
- CB length 75cm